Becoming a person with hope—defeating discouragement and building a new future—is always a result of raising seven hope factors, which I call The Seven:
- Recharge your batteries. Nobody does well running on empty.
- Raise your expectations. Life really can be far greater than anything you’ve known.
- Refocus on the future. Don’t look back; concentrate on what you can become.
- Play to your strengths. Be yourself; everyone else is taken.
- Refuse to go it alone. Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto.
- Replace burnout with balance. Variety refreshes, restores, and reenergizes.
- Play great defense. Learn to respond to bad news in great ways.
Building The Seven into your life will increase your hope level dramatically. And when that happens, anything is possible.